A small introduction about my self
I am Zoe - a content writer, creator and analytics lover. This website is home to my employment history, some examples of my work and a chronicle of my education - in short, you’ve stumbled across my digital resume.
Sit down, grab a cup of tea, have a read, and shoot me an email if there’s something you’d like my help with!
I can say i’m quite good at
I use good old Photoshop every single day
My Illustrator skills are in the process of being beefed up.
Barely anyone uses it anymore, but I've got qualifications in flash
I love creating custom reports, interpreting analytics and sharing insights.
Bringing an idea alive is one of the most rewarding things you can do!
I heart designing websites and marketing materials.
My previous associations
• Working as part of the communications team to help deliver great comms about the NDIS.
• Creating video and social content about the NDIS.
• Managing the NDIS website.
• Working with staff and members of the public on the daily.
• Oversee website management of 9 South Australian radio station websites and 6 Victorian sites.
• Day to day management of 1 full time staff member and 5 freelance writers.
• Writing internal and external communications to profile the successes of the network’s digital offerings.
• Website content creation, styling and development.
• Being heavily involved in the development, design and launch of multiple websites.
• Creating a high quality, easy to read report format profiling key website metrics that is understandable by all.
• Redesigning the website for Easymix Central Victoria to be a responsive, easy to use site for both contributors and end users.
• Liaise on a regular basis with key internal stakeholders such as Content Directors and Journalists to increase the quality and frequency of online content from the local teams.
• Produce statistics and key talking points for the Content Manager to present to the greater team
• Winning over a very unresponsive team (K-ROCK) to begin regular whole team meetings about how to approach online.
• Leading the Bay Lifestyle project to recruit and train 5 freelance writers.
• Winning the inaugural team member of the month award for Grant Broadcasters Digital and New Media.
• Creating and implementing the media plan for Courthouse ARTS.
• Designing marketing material including online and print advertisements, posters, billboards, booklets and postcards.
• Developing and updating content for the Courthouse ARTS website.
• Designing and promoting the marketing material for Courthouse ARTS’ first sold out show.
• Delivering the highest level of media coverage and membership ever achieved by the organisation.
June 2007 –June 2010
• Project managing advertising campaigns from initial concept to post campaign report.
• Writing, casting and directing radio commercials.
• Adhering to production budgets and timelines.
• Winning the 2009 bi-annual ‘Talk Straight, Listen Hard’ communications award.
• Developing an internal talent pool database in which I recruited, trained and catalogued over 30 staff.
• Coordinating national multi-media campaigns that included writing audio, web content and video.
What I have done in my academic career
Minors: Psychology & General Studies
• Distinction average.
• High distinctions in journalism, sociology and philosophy.
• Guest lecturer in Post Graduate Diploma of Commercial Radio 2008 – 2011.
• How to write and edit action script
• Animation techniques
• How to create interactive presentations in Adobe Flash CS4.
• How to present ideas to clients
• Successful collaborate idea generation techniques
Please feel free if you would like to have a chat.